In order to maintain a safe environment for our users as well as prevent any damage to our servers and our reputation amongst Email Service Providers, we may suspend /disable accounts which violate the EmailOut policies and rules.
If you attempted to login to EmailOut but, instead of the login screen, got an Account Suspended message, our abuse-prevention team likely noticed something about your account or latest email campaign which raised a red flag.
Common reasons for suspension may include (but are not limited to):
- Anonymous account information: if you have concealed your identity when creating your account our systems and review team will suspend the account as such actions are typically associated with spammer behaviour.
- Multiple account abuse: if you’ve registered more than one Free Forever account then all accounts will be suspended/disabled. If, however, you can provide valid reasons for opening multiple accounts and give us an explanation of why it was necessary to do so, we will review your reasons and get back to you.
- Spam: most of the accounts we suspend are disabled because they have either poor quality content or they are just plain fake and they introduce a security risk for EmailOut and all our users. These types of accounts are against our rules and policies. Unfortunately, sometimes a user’s account can get suspended by mistake; and, in those cases, we will work with the user to make sure the account is re-enabled.
- Clearly scraped email addresses: Email marketing is strictly permission based. If you do not have permission, you have nothing. Scraping emails is illegal in many countries, including the U.S. The CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 specifically prohibits this practice. Hence, harvesting already compiled lists that have been obtained by scrapping will not be tolerated. Your bounce rates will skyrocket, your reputation and deliverability will be damaged potentially resulting in emails sent from your EmailOut account being blocked by Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- High unsubscribe rate: a high unsubscribe rate to your email campaigns can damage your reputation and deliverability. If an Internet Service Provider (ISP) detects a high number of unsubscribes from a sender, they may block all emails sent by your EmailOut account.
- Abuse reports: if we receive multiple abuse complaints regarding your email campaigns, your account may be suspended pending review by our deliverability team.
- High hard bounce rate: if your account has a high hard bounce rate it may be suspended pending review from our deliverability team.
- Account security at risk: if we suspect a user’s account has been hacked or compromised, we may suspend the account until an investigation is conducted and we are certain the account is secured. This is done in order to reduce any potential malicious activity.
If you feel your account has been suspended by mistake, please get in touch and let us know why. Our abuse-prevention team will be happy to review any concerns you might have and work with you to re-enable your account.
You can get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com or by starting a new chat using the chat icon at the bottom right corner.